Welcome to the
Presbytery of New Harmony
The Mission of the Presbytery of New Harmony is to strengthen, nurture, and sustain its congregations and ministers, and to participate in the wider mission of the church through its higher governing bodies.
The Presbytery of New Harmony, a member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), is situated along the northeastern coast of South Carolina. We have 8,970 members across 11 counties in South Carolina. The presbytery office, located in Florence, supports 68 congregations and 80 resident ministers.
Please feel free to browse our website to find out more about us.
If you cannot find what you're looking for, please feel free to contact us at the addresses listed below.
Presbytery of New Harmony
PO Box 4025
Winter Stated Presbytery Meeting
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Melina Presbyterian Church
The Winter Stated meeting of the Presbytery of New Harmony will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017, at Melina Presbyterian Church. Please alert your commissioners about the time and place.
More information will be forthcoming.
Congregational Development Ministry Offering Grants for
Positive and Inspiring Programs
The Congregation Development Ministry is one of the Program Ministries of New Harmony Presbytery and it is here to partner with your congregation. We stand ready to assist churches with their needs and requests. In recent history, many of these have been centered on emergencies, maintenance problems, salary shortfalls and other items that disrupt the mission and ministry of our congregations. In 2017, we are planning to offer assistance in other ways also. The CDM encourages you to apply for grants to do positive and inspiring programs in your church or community. These grants will typically be $2,000.00 each but we will consider any and all requests.
We do not know where you might go with this help, but we want your congregation to do something that will bring honor to our Lord and people to His service. These grants may be the encouragement you need to begin a new ministry or undertake a new mission effort. We would love to be a part of these plans.
We promise to pray for you and your church and to stand with you as you move forward in ministry. It is our sincere hope that all of us can begin to think positively about our denomination, its mission, and its future. We pray that you will know the joy of a connected and responsive presbytery.
We have applications available
for you to use so that you can communicate the information that we need. These applications may be found on the presbytery's website after the first of the new year. Please contact me, Johnny Dennis, or Julie Cox with questions or for additional information.
May Our Lord Bless You,
John W. Dennis, Jr.
Congregational Development Ministry
|Presbytery Meeting Digest
| The Eighty-Seventh Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of New Harmony was held on Tuesday, October 18, at the Presbyterian Church at Manning. Below is a brief digest of actions from the meeting.
- Elected Teaching Elder Frank Colclough to serve as moderator due to the illness of Teaching Elder Samuel Sparks.
- Approved forming an administrative commission for New Harvest Presbyterian Church, Florence. ? Approved, on the first reading, the 2017 Operating Budget of Presbytery. ?
- Approved, on first reading, changes in Accounting Policy & Procedures Manual, saying, "a church may designate a portion of the basic mission support to the three councils of the PC(USA)." ?
- Examined and approved Candidate Vikki Brogdon for ordination as a Teaching Elder to serve as stated supply of the McDowell Presbyterian Church, Greeleyville. ?
- Commissioned Elijah Washington to be the Commissioned Ruling Elder for New Covenant Presbyterian Church, Sumter. ?
- Approved the call of Teaching Elder Don Muncie to be the installed pastor of Williamsburg Presbyterian Church, Kingstree. ?
- Approved, on second reading, amending the duties of the Committee on Ministry to include conducting exit interviews for installed pastors, associate pastors, full-time interim pastors, certified Christian educators, when they are no longer serving a particular congregation. ?
- Examined and approved Candidate Anna Owens Sweeney for ordination as a Teaching Elder and, upon her ordination, transferring her to the Presbytery of Whitewater Valley to serve Second Presbyterian Church of Indianapolis. ?
- Received Teaching Elder Nick Cheek from the Presbytery of Baltimore to serve as pastor of First Presbyterian Church, Sumter. ?
- Received Teaching Elder Ashley Cheek from the Presbytery of Baltimore to be a Member-at-Large.
- Approved the mediated settlement and dismissal of Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church. ?
- Approved the settlement and dismissal of Rocky Creek Presbyterian Church.
You may download these as a bulletin insert to share with your congregation.
You may also view pictures from the meeting.
Your source for daily devotions